Be a Teacher for a day in the After School Program!
- Project PEARLS
- June 17, 2018 6:30 AM - 11:00 AM
- Helping Land, Tondo, Manila
- 15 volunteers needed
Hi there! We are inviting you to be part of the After School Program in Helping Land, Tondo, Manila! You don’t have to be a professional teacher to join us. If you have the passion and commitment to help underprivileged children, we would love to have you in our team!
What is the After School Program (ASP)?
ASP aims to:
- provide enrichment activities after school days (weekends)
- help curtail the number of students who drop out of school
- reduce the number of students involved in negative behavior
- improve attendance in school
- improve academic success
- develop and instill discipline and teamwork through sports
- encourage children to explore special interests such as music and arts
- develop social values and character
Our core volunteers have prepared the lesson plans and activities for the entire school year. Every week, there will be a set of lessons to be discussed per grade level. Volunteers will be given an orientation before the start of the activity. We highly encourage everyone to come on time so they will not miss the briefing.
Join us every Sunday and show your love for the kids!
Meet-up place: LRT-Recto Station in front of Isetann at 6:30 am. Volunteers will leave no later than 7:00 am.
Contact person: Jedda Punzalan at 0949-813-4749. Please message Jedda at least a day before so you can be informed of any last-minute announcements. Kindly mention that you got her number from iVolunteer website.
Please don’t forget to read our Child Protection Policy and Volunteer Guidelines before volunteering with us. See you soon!
To learn more about our programs and the community that we serve, you may watch this video.
Like our FB page: www.facebook.com/ProjectPEARLS1
Follow us on Instagram and Twitter: @projectpearls